Hello everyone, my name is Lucas Dantas and today I will show you how you can list your business on Apple Maps.
One of the most important factors for a business to rank well on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and is the amount of references a business has in internet. Having your business listed with Google Business Profile, Yelp, Apple Maps and others will improve its relevance and make it more likely for people to find it not only when they are looking for your business name, but also when they look for the services or products your business has to offer.
Most people do not want to invest in large corporations, they want to invest in their community. In fact, 72% of people who do mobile searches looking up local information visit a store within 5 miles of their location. Customers are more informed now with technology at hand, and most of them do a web research before a purchase. If your business is listed on the most used platforms, and have good reviews, a potential customer has a much higher likelihood to become your client.
Why You Should List Your Business on Apple?
Apple wants you to help improve its Maps app by manually adding your company to their local business listings and that is why there is a free self-service entry portal called Apple Maps Connect.
That way Apple sharpens its database while you get your business listed for free in it. The biggest benefit for business owners is to have more local customers directed to your doorstep through the app.
How Do I List My Business on iPhone Apple Maps?
Here is how you can add your company to Apple Maps in quick steps:
- Enter the name of your business and then click on Add a missing place.
- Now log in with your Apple ID and password. If you do not have an Apple ID, you will have to get one. There is no way around it.
- Check the box to agree with terms and conditions.
- Now start adding your business information.
- After you have entered all the information, you will be directed to a different screen where you will see a Verify Ownership button, click on it.
- Now confirm your business information by providing its legal name or the business owner. Choose a phone number that is accessible to you, you will understand why in the next steps.
- Enter your personal information and relationship with the business.
- Now click on the call button to verify your business. That is why on step #7 you need to enter a phone number that you can access.
You can also request a manual verification, but that will take longer as Apple will send a letter to the address you have entered.
- Type in the code you have received during the phone call.
And that is it! Congratulations, your business has been submitted to Apple Maps.
After this wizard is done, you should see the message highlighted below.
In this page you can also enter your company’s Facebook page, Yelp and LinkedIn profile.
If you have any questions, contact us! We’re here to help!